Monday 14 November 2011

Old Formal to Toddler Holiday Dress

So as you can see from my last post, the holiday dress I first tried to make for A came out a little small. Like newborn sized when I need 18 months. I wracked my brain for two whole days and remembered that there was a very old formal dress hanging in my closet. Here is the "before" photo...
I thought about scanning the photo from when I actually wore the dress, and then thought better of it. Suffice it to say, even with ballet flats on (waaaaay before they were fashionable I might add) I was still three inches taller than my date. Who I understand prefers dates of the same gender now.

The after photos are much better. Not only is the model cuter, the dress is, too. The only thing I had (have still) to do to the dress when I photographed A in it is add the button on the back. So that's why it gaps a bit in the back and front.

I was able to save a lot of the seams from the dress, so reconstruction only took one nap (or two hours). 



Did you happen to notice the bright orange construction sign on that first photo? That sign just got updated the other day. Our bridge to the other side of the highway is under construction and has been since mid-summer. It was supposed to have been completed mid-September. That date was pushed back to late-September, to late-October, to mid-November and is now sitting at November 28th. I have a funny feeling that it will not be open before Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment