Wednesday 7 December 2011

Now We're In Trouble!

Well, if my darling husband thought I sewed a lot before, he's in for a real treat!


First, I transformed a space in the basement into my very own sewing dungeon. Complete with walls to contain A.

And then I went in halvsies with Mother-in-Law on a quilting machine and table. Wow. We've talked about it for years now and finally made the plunge.
Here's how it all went down:
I was checking out the machines available at my favorite sewing store, Sewing Machines, Etc.
There listed was a used Mega Quilter complete with frame and cruise control.
After wiping up my drool, I got A all packed up to visit her Grammy.
Mentioned Mega Quilter to said Grammy who offered to go in halfsies!
Checked out machine a few days later, and the rest will be history!

As usual, the crew at Sewing Machines, Etc. were fantastic. The machine was delivered before the week was out and Nick made quick work of the set up.

And here is Alejandro all set up. Nevermind the flannel hanging out on top of him...it was temporarily stored there after pressing so A couldn't crumple it back up.

This thing is fantastic! Not only do I get to quilt larger pieces than I used to, the machine comes off the frame and is one heck of a straight stitcher.

Here's what I've done on it so far, both projects completed from beginning to end with Alejandro:

A wholecloth (cheater!!) flannel quilt


And a new baby bath sew (towel, burp cloth, and washcloths)

Happy doesn't even begin to cover it!



No comments:

Post a Comment