Tuesday 9 August 2011

Happy Day-Before-Birthday

I'm still having a sewing block as far as how I want to put together my satin and chiffon dress, so I am moving back to quilting.

I unearthed (unlinened?) a quilt kit that I had won at least five years ago when I was still a member of a guild. At the time I really hated the pattern and the fabrics, so I washed, pressed and stored them all away.
Fast forward to 2011 and I am at a sore lack of coordinating fabrics to make a quilt out of. I still hate the pattern, but don't mind the fabric so much now. I like the muted colors and smaller patterns. I also realized that it's almost Fall, so figured why not.
Here's my start to Thimbleberries "Autumn Night" quilt.

I realized that both the cutting instructions and the pattern itself are colossal wastes of fabric. I think that is one of the things that turned me off to the pattern initially.  There is also a picket-fence block that borders the inner quilt and I hate picket-fence block. But I made a nice start today and got 90% of the fabric cut as well as these blocks completed:

On an unrelated note, I will be one year closer to 30 tomorrow. The thought makes me somewhat sad. It doesn't help that I have a sort of up in the air feeling right now. I feel like I'm waiting for something, but I have no idea what it is. Maybe it is my birthday! Feeling unsettled is, well, unsettling when you are as staid a person as I am. I might bend in the wind a lot, but my roots are firmly planted.

On another unrelated note, I am playing prelude at church this Sunday and seriously need to put some time into piece selection. No one really listens to the prelude except the Worship Team, but going up with a last minute song doesn't really bring glory to God. I'm having zero luck finding any free sheet music online, unless I want to play Silent Night or Home on the Range. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment