Sunday 7 August 2011

My First Post

Huh. A blog. Really. Why?

I've been kicking around the idea of putting up (posting?) a blog for a while now. Mostly, I think, because in my old age my brain is starting to wear down. I can't seem to keep focus on anything; ideas just bounce around in my head and eventually bounce right out of it before I have the time or opportunity to get them done.

I need help organizing my thoughts and since I like to type, I thought BLOG. Well, my initial though was JOURNAL but then I remembered how labourious longhand is anymore and moved quickly onto the thought BLOG. The journal I started when my Ali was born sadly puttered out from the once-a-day entry into a whoops-has-it-been-five-months? entry.

Is there anything in my life that is so very interesting I think strangers will want to read about it? For the most part, no. I do have the occasional funny story to pass along regarding some sort of mischief caused one and/or all of my animals and can generally make someone smile with a rehashing of my daughter's accomplishments for the day. My life is generally, however, fantastically boring.

So, I will write about ideas I have that did or did not work. I will record the amazing things God does for my family. I will share my day with whomever wants to partake.

Nothing terribly interesting happened today, or the past few days for that matter. I was able to finish a halter top design that I absolutely love and take some lovely photos of Ali wearing it. I have been toying with the idea of sewing a halter dress now. I inherited this fantastic stash of chiffon that I want to use, but just can't wrap my head around exactly what to do with it.  That is my goal for next week: combine the halter dress and the chiffon into something beautiful. Hopefully that is something I can accomplish in a week!

So ends my first blog entry: I am hoping that my husband does not read it because I know he will pick on me mercilessly for becoming a blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment